Monday, January 28, 2008

Oh the Storms!

Here we are in the middle of winter, trying to accomplish things like attending an SFEtsy gathering, but alas, the weather prevented most of us from getting to the coast. My intentions were good and I definitely planned on being there. I packed up my appetizer, a sampling of my jewelry, and plenty of business cards and off I went. My first stop was actually the Brocade bridal show in Milpitas - reason being is that I am going to be a vendor at the show in Pleasanton on February 10th and wanted to check out the vendors and see how they set up their booths. After running in and out I was back on the road with GPS set to guide me over to the northern coast. The weather was in what I would describe as a "holding pattern". It wasn't as frightful as the night before where the winds were about 100mph with heavy rain, so I figured that I would ignore the road debris and just make the best of it. Highway 280 north was clear and easy to navigate providing that I wasn't speeding, and after exiting onto highway 92 I felt that I was in good shape and almost there. I climbed to the summit at which point there were a number of flairs and a police officer directing people to drive south on Skyline blvd. due to the other side of 92 being closed. Relying foolishly on my GPS I followed the crowd, turned south on Skyline, and was "told" that in 6 miles I could turn right on "County Road". Well when I arrived at County Road it looked more like a logging road going into a forest. At this point I decided that the only destination that made sense was "home", so I punched in the updated destination and my GPS then took me through Woodside and south to home. It was an adventure and I was sorry that I missed not making it to the SFEtsy gathering, but it appears that there weren't many other members able to get there either so better luck next time and hopefully the weather won't prohibit us from meeting each other.

No comments: